Monday, September 26, 2011

Connor's first pair of "big boy" shoes

Last week Connor and I made a visit to Stride Rite to find him a pair of tennis shoes.   His baby shoes just weren't working anymore, he put too many miles on them.  Finding Connor shoes has always been frustrating for me because he has the chubbiest little feet.  It is so hard to find a pair that fits well.  I was so excited when I found out that Stride Rite carries wide children's shoes.

Connor was very excited about all the different shoes he got to try on but kept going back to the same pair.  The sales lady wanted to see how he could move in them so she put the shoes on Connor hoping he might take a walk around the store.  Nope!  Instead he sprinted into the mall.  I had to chase after him (an 8 month pregnant lady running = hilarious).  I knew that these must be the right shoes for him since he was able to move with such ease and balance.  Oh and it turns out that wide shoes don't work for him after all...we had to get "extra wide". I didn't even know that they made shoes in extra wide!

These shoes have since become one of his favorite things. Connor is constantly bringing us his new shoes so that we can put them on him.  Here are some pictures of Connor in his big boy shoes...




2 comments:

  1. All the better to kick daddy with! I noticed them at church on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! That's so funny about the sizing. Who knew?! haha... The things we learn as moms! :)

    ReplyDelete